Monday, April 7, 2008

Strategy againts long pimple player.

I get what the idea of avoiding such hardbat players; however, there will always be those who play this hard-hitting style, whether they are using a Hock w/ Dr. Evil or just some pip set up on the same blade you use. Like I mentioned earlier, there are still MANY penholders who play this game . . . short pip smashing. Heck, I'm starting to think that might be my cpen style option. Not everyone is going to use MAX rubbers, stand back 5 feet, and loop drive. There is an obvious conspiracy to limit the sport to Euro style loopers. I'll just say this and leave the debate for another thread!
Although there is some merit to the advice of avoiding hardbat and other unusual styles of play at your stage of learning, eventually you will play all different styles and lose. I have taken many, many games off better players simply because they have no idea what to do with my style of play (at least for a game or two), which until recently has been Seemiller. You can avoid me, or deal with me.
Advice: avoid me and hardbat and basically any unusual strokers until you have your basics down, then play everyone and figure out how to win. It will make your game more versatile and you will learn strategies that will help you take points from conventional as well as non-conventional players.
*Sometimes it's hard for me to find good practice/drill partners. Everyone says I throw off their timing and I don't hit deep enough for them to sit back and practice their looping. I can skim the net about half the time. :-). Well, RoboPong rarely complains!
**YES, fast backhand sidespin serves seem to be a problem for the sandpaper players.

No comments: